Our Cinq-Annual Celebration and the Kick Off of Bawdy Storytelling’s DIRTY MINDS tour
Saturday February 18, 2012
The Verdi Club
2424 Mariposa Street, San Francisco
(in The Mission between Potrero & Hampshire Avenues)
Doors open at 7 p.m., Stories start at 8 p.m.
18 & up
$15 in advance at http://bawdystorytelling5yearanniv.eventbrite.com
$20 at the door
The Nation’s premier sexy, smutty, smart salon has been hard at it for FIVE YEARS! We got our start here in Sodom and Gomorrah – I mean, San Francisco – so of course we want to bring our very best to Bawdy’s hometown.
This 5 Year Anniversary show is a kick-off event (we’re bringing Bawdy to new cities), so we’ll feature the intrepid traveling storytellers of Bawdy’s DIRTY MINDS Tour:
- Reid Mihalko: Sex and Relationship Expert/Geek/Role Model http://www.ReidAboutSex.com
- Ms Maggie Mayhem: Radical Progressive Sex Hacker & Writer http://www.missmaggiemayhem.com
- Morgan: Transgendered Superhero & Stand-up Storyteller http://www.morgansfunny.com
Announcing the winners of the Audience-selected ‘Best of Bawdy’ contest:
– Queer Slam Poet Blythe Baldwin
– ‘Tourettes without Regrets’ frontman Jamie DeWolf
– ‘Lunatic Fringe’ author Allison Moon
– Perverted Negress Mollena Williams
– 4th Ranked Int’l World Poetry Slam poet Tatyana Brown!
We’ve never had an event like this – a Saturday night, lots of surprises and our very best performers warming up our new home, the Verdi Club. (& we’re now 18 and up, hurray!) No theme for this one, just 8 talented storytellers sharing their dirtiest/most popular/wildest tales. Plus, we’ll have Iris Brilliant on dirty ukulele, and DJ Timmmii on the decks for a post-show party that will last til late. Come help us celebrate!