Bawdy is coming to LA after a very long hiatus – at a fantastic new venue!
The historically glamorous El Cid
4212 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles CA 90027
Doors at 7:30, Show at 8:30 PM
Tickets $12 in Advance at
Online ticket sales end at 5:30 day of show, & will be $15 at the Door
- Sex educator & Podcast Phenom Sex Nerd Sandra
- Moth Host & Emmy nom’d writer+producer Brian Finkelstein
- Host/Producer of the Midwest Teen Sex Show, Author NIkol D S Hasler
- Music/Adventure/Mad Science by Rich Riggio
- And YOU! This is part curated Bawdy Storytelling, part BawdySlam: share your 5 minute story for prizes & braggin’ rights
- BawdySlam grand prizes from Screaming O adult novelties
- Plus audience giveaways from Big Teaze Toys
“Now in its 7th year in San Francisco, America’s original Sex + Storytelling series launches in Los Angeles”
Bawdy Storytelling – America’s Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People and Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual adventures – is coming to LA! Entering its seventh year in San Francisco, Bawdy Storytelling (the J. Edgar Hoover to your size 13 cha-cha heels) will draw LA’s smartest and smuttiest to El Cid’s stage to share tales of our ‘Secret Life’: sex with strangers, assumed names, role playing, and that time with the best boy, the key grip and a roll of gaffer’s tape in the editing room
This show will be a mix of renowned sex-positive celebrities for the curated portion of our show, followed by BawdySlam (where people just like you take to the Bawdy stage and share personal and intimate adventures for prizes and the title of Dirtiest Storyteller in LA). Bawdy’s award-winning take on sex and storytelling has made it not only a “don’t miss” event in the cities we’ve already conquered, but it serves as a gathering of the bold, the beautiful, and (if our fan mail is to be believed) an awesome first date destination. Each themed evening of true dirty stories features tales of carnal wins and epic fails with no scripts, no nets, and no holds barred. You may even go home with a few new tricks for your boudoir arsenal!
The historic El Cid is a treasured Silver Lake Landmark. Now it’s under new management, and has a new menu under the direction of renowned chef Olivia Hernandez. This is going to be a very special evening. Think tapas, cocktails and flirting…
- Sandra Daugherty (Sex Nerd Sandra) is a passionate sex educator based in Los Angeles. Her irreverent humor and quirky love for details has given rise to her moniker, Sex Nerd Sandra. Sandra is the resident sex blogger on Chris Hardwick’s Nerdist.com. She also works & teaches at The Pleasure Chest in Los Angeles and coaches individuals. She has been seen on ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians,’ the pilot episode of The Wanda Sykes Show, & has also lent her voice to both Playboy and Spice Radio. Sandra believes human sexuality should be a distinct field of study as it is a distinct & important aspect of our lives. And she, for one is happy, quite happy, to study it.
- Brian Finkelstein is a regular performer and teacher at The Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre in Los Angeles, as well as the host of the LA Moth Story-slams. He has performed his solo shows in a variety of venues from the HBO/US Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen to the 2012 Summer Nights Festival in Perth, Australia. He’s also an Emmy-nominated writer for his work on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Currently his screenplay, Good Grief is being produced by 72 Productions and he’s touring with The Moth. Follow him at @bsfinkelstein twitter.com/bsfinkelstein
- Nikol Hasler is the Producer & Host of The Midwest Teen Sex Show (a regular in top ten iPod health podcasts) which gained press attention from the Wall Street Journal, Glamour Magazine, CBS Evening News with Katie Couric, Nightline, and even The O’Reilly Factor, among others. Hasler has been called upon to be an expert to discuss issues such as teen pregnancy rates, AIDS awareness, and the rise of sexually transmitted infections in American teens, and her video and screen writing work has included original videos for Hearst Corporation and One Economy Corporation She is the author of “Sex: A Book For Teens” which features back cover endorsements from Dr. Jocelyn Elders and Betty Dodson, and has written for Glamour, Fray Quarterly, Beatweek Magazine, RH Reality Check, Alternative Press Magazine, Crushable.com and The Onion’s A.V. Club Chicago.