Wednesday, February 26th 2014
at the Verdi Club, 2424 Mariposa / San Francisco, CA
General Admission Tickets $15 in Advance ($20 at the Door)
VIP Tickets ($25 & sold only in Advance) include Reserved Seating, cocktail & VIP gift bag
Remember: Doors at 7, Stories at 8!
This is a Best of Bawdy!
– Pervert Rockstar Mollena Williams (Donate at http://tinyurl.com/BawdyAndMo)
– Good Vibrations Sexologist/Author/Community Leader Carol Queen
– GirlSex 101 Author & Lesbian Werewolf expert Allison Moon
– Wicked Grounds owner Ryan PsychoKitty
– Brainiac Sex Worker Miss Maggie Mayhem
– SexPositive Parent Airial Clark
– Music by Siouxsie Q
– Sexy cocktails, Bang-O & MORE
Bawdy Storytelling – America’s Mother Confessor to all the pretty Perverts – celebrates 7 legendary years of superbly curated sexy storytelling with ‘Lucky,’ our Anniversary show. Ready for a sextet of real (or “real”) trysts and tales that illustrate how things are a little hotter when you’re not bothered by things like “names” or “history”? We invite you to put on that porno mustache, polish your fake accent and register as Heywood Jablowme for an evening of fortuitous encounters involving glory holes, holiday flings, and getting your money’s worth in the Champagne Room.
The performers that you’ve chosen as Bawdy’s Best will be onstage on Feb 26th to reveal their own personal tales of spying that perfect stranger across the bar, concert venue, house party, sex club, drunk tank, playa, bullet-proof glass and announcing, “Time to get Lucky!”
– Mollena (Mo) Williams, “Delicate, Trembling Flower of Submission”© is a NYC born and raised writer, Leatherwoman, actress, BDSM Educator, fat fetish model and Executive Pervert. She is honored to have served as International Ms Leather 2010 and Ms. San Francisco Leather 2009. Consciously submissive since 1993 and Active in the Leather and BDSM communities since 1996, she keeps it real all over the US, Europe and Canada on myriad BDSM, Leather and kinkcentric topics. Mo authored the “The Toybag Guide: Taboo Play,” the essay “BDSM and Playing with Race” which appears in Best Sex Writing 2010, has two essays appearing in Tristan Taormino’s Ultimate Guide to Kinky Sex and is co-author, along with Lee Harrington of the upcoming book Playing Well With Others. Her blog is The Perverted Negress: http://mollena.com and she tweets incessantly at http://twitter.com./mollena
– Carol Queen has a PhD in sexology; she calls herself a “cultural sexologist” because her earlier academic degree is in sociology: while she addresses individual issues and couple’s sexual concerns, her overarching interest is in cultural issues (gender, shame, access to education, etc.). She is on the board of directors of the Woodhull Freedom Foundation. Queen has worked at Good Vibrations, the woman-founded sexuality company based in San Francisco. Her current position is Staff Sexologist and Chief Cultural Officer; her roles include representing the company to the press and the public; overseeing educational programming for staff and others; and scripting/hosting a line of sex education videos, the Pleasure-Ed series, for GV’s sister company Good Releasing. She is also the founding director of The Center for Sex & Culture, a small non-profit sex ed and arts center, and is a frequent lecturer at colleges and community-based organizations. Her dozen books include a Lambda Literary Award winner, PoMoSexuals, and Real Live Nude Girl: Chronicles of Sex-Positive Culture, which are used as texts in some college classes. Her most recent book is an updated second edition of Exhibitionism for the Shy.
– Allison Moon is the author of the Tales of the Pack series about lesbian werewolves. She’s also a sex educator who has presented workshops to thousands of people around the US and Canada. She’s currently creating her new book about queer girl sex, called Girl Sex 101: http://bitly.com/girlsex101
– “Psychokitty” Ryan is a Chicago born performance artist and improv actor having entertained on stage from New York, New York to Osaka Japan. He first entered the kinky stage hosting Whiplash, a weekly fetish night in Chicago and currently owns San Francisco’s only sex positive kinky cafe, Wicked Grounds Cafe. He’s MC’ed at many adult events like Ireland’s Twisted Leprechaun; Shibaricon 2010 through 2013 and brought the Dirty Talk Game show to Dark Odyssey Surrender in 2013.
– Maggie Mayhem is a Bay Area performer who is just back from an art residency in Vienna, Austria. She shares her stories at MissMaggieMayhem.com
– Airial Clark is a San Francisco Bay Area-based parenting expert, sexologist and founder of The Sex-Positive Parent. She completed research for her master’s thesis on race, parenting, and alternative sexuality in 2012, all the while raising her two sons as a single parent, who are now pre-teens. Ms. Clark is a contributing writer for several award-winning online media outlets including the Good Vibrations Magazine, Shades Magazine, Oakland Local and Fearless Press where she writes on the intersections of parenting, identity and sexuality. In collaboration with organizations, including the Center for Sex and Culture and the Center for Research and Education on Gender and Sexuality, Airial has led workshops where she provides parents and caregivers with the tools they need to become the resident sexuality expert for their families.
– Siouxsie Q is an all american whore, a mermaid, and the porn star pin up girl of your dreams. She has been a guest expert on the Savage Love column, and Ira Glass thinks she’s “charming”. See her naked on the internet on Queer Porn Tv, Kink.com, The Crash Pad Series and many others. Her original sex worker mermaid musical “Fish Girl” enjoyed a sold out run at the San Francisco Fringe Festival. She is the creator and host of The WhoreCast–a bi-weekly podcast showcasing stories, art, and voices of American sex workers (Listen at www.thewhorecast.com)
“The Moth for Pervs” – LA Weekly
The Nation’s Original Sex + Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their Bona Fide Sexual Exploits in 10 minutes or less
“Dixie De La Tour’s scandalous, over-the-top Bawdy Storytelling series” – SF Weekly