Friday, February 28th 2014
at the Verdi Club, 2424 Mariposa / San Francisco, CA
General Admission Tickets $20 in Advance ($25 at the Door)
VIP Tickets (SOLD OUT) include Reserved Seating, cocktail & VIP gift bag
Remember: Doors at 7, Stories at 8!
Stories & Performances include*:
– Sex Worker turned Internationally Acclaimed Performance Artist Annie Sprinkle
– Author & Sex Culture Revolutionary Polly Superstar
– Trannyshack Founder & Performance Phenomenon Heklina
– Globetrotting Sex Educator & Shibari expert Midori
– 70’s Pornstar & AVN Hall of Famer Howie Gordon (a.k.a. Richard Pacheco)
– Punk Rock frontwoman & SmutFest originator Jennifer Blowdryer
– Custom Bawdy Songs by Lark
– The Surrealist Dildo Fashion Show
– DJ’ed by the Porn Clown Posse’s Ouchy the Clown
– Special Cocktails, Bang-O & more to come
Is it better to be famous…or Infamous? For the past 7 sexy years, Dixie De La Tour has brought the Nation’s Smutterati together on the Bawdy Storytelling stage to tell infamously true tales of lust, love, collisions, hook-ups, one-night stands, & everything in between. And for this big Anniversary blowout, expect a scandalously star-slutted event that will leave no turn un-stoned, go behind the green door, and give you everything you’ve come to love about Bawdy – all ratcheted up to 11.
Join us on Friday, February 28th as Bawdy Storytelling – the birthday candle you just can’t blow out – celebrates seven years of Infamy with a celebrity line-up of storytellers telling their own scandalously revealing tales. Plus our Surrealist Dildo Fashion Show, Bang-O and post-show dirty dancing courtesy of DJ Ouchy the Clown. This truly is a dream line-up, & we’re looking forward to celebrating with you at our biggest, boldest event yet.
P.S. We’re always the best date in town but this one – this one is mega-date material! VIP Seating (which includes Reserved Seating, a free cocktail and a VIP gift bag) is SOLD OUT.
P.P.S. Seating is limited so get there early!
* Line-up & special events subject to change
– Annie Sprinkle is an internationally known sex worker turned performance artist and ecosex activist. Her one woman shows, Post Porn Modernist and Annie Sprinkle’s Herstory of Porn, toured to 21 countries. Her new documentary film, Goodbye Gauley Mountain—An Ecosexual Love Story, (www.goodbyegauleymountain.org) directed with her partner Beth Stephens, switches the metaphor from “Earth as mother” to “Earth as lover.” In 2013, Sprinkle was awarded the Artist/Activist/Scholar Award from Performance Studies International, at Stanford, and the Acker Award for Excellence in the Avant Garde. Currently Sprinkle is based in San Francisco and is having a ball pioneering ecosex art, theory, practice and activism.
– Heklina gained fame as the creator, promoter, and hostess of the legendary Trannyshack! She is a premier hostess and DJ for hire around San Francisco, and has graced the Folsom St. Fair, Castro St. Fair, Gay Pride Main Stage, Castro Theater, and Halloween Main Stage, & more. She has been seen on the E! Entertainment Network, NBC’s“Trauma” “The Cho Show”, VH1, “Playing it Straight”, Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show”, BBC Television’s “Around the World in 80 Raves”, the Scissor Sister’s “Filthy Gorgeous” video, and as a guest on the Jerry Springer and Ricki Lake shows. She recently, in 2011, introduced Britney Spears for Good Morning America. Her film credits include the festival favorites Baby Jane? and All About Evil. Theater credits include the popular San Francisco Golden Girls plays, and is a producer and featured actor in Velvet Rage Productions (Sex And The City Live!, Roseanne, Friends Live!) . She was voted Community Grand Marshal of the 2004 San Francisco GLBTQ Pride Parade, and was the subject of two documentaries in the 2005 Frameline SF Gay and Lesbian Film Festival. In 2009 she won the Pride Creativity Award for outstanding artistic contribution to the LGBT Community. Check her out at trannyshack.com
– Polly Superstar has dedicated her life to exploring new models for western culture, with a focus on sexual freedom, relationships, and creativity. Originally from London, she moved to San Francisco in 1999 to start a latex fashion house. In 2003 she founded Kinky Salon- an infamous and award winning worldwide network of artistic and creative sex parties. Polly volunteers on the board of the sex-positive venue she founded, Mission Control, and continues to produce events with her sex positive production company, The Moral Minority, Inc. Her most recent project is a social networking site for ‘modern’ relationships – Kotango.com- produced with author of NYT Bestseller ‘Sex at Dawn’ Christopher Ryan. She’s just finished her memoir Polly: Sex Culture Revolutionary, which was successfully funded on Kickstarter just last week!
– Award-winning Sex Educator & Globetrotting Artist Midori has made an improbable career out of being the traveling coach on the art of creative and sensual living. Dubbed “the super nova of kink” by Dan Savage, Midori is known for her hilarious and practical classes on enhancing sexual fulfillment, boosting confidence and expanding personal growth. Native of Tokyo, Japan, she brings a unique perspective pleasure and authentic living. She wrote the first English language book on Shibari with “Seductive Art of Japanese Bondage” the hot essays in “Wild Side Sex: The Book of Kink” and twisted dark science fiction in “Master Han’s Daughter” . In 2001 she founded Rope Bondage Dojo® . She has trained many cadres and leads many Dojos each year. She also created ForteFemme, a unique women’s dominance weekend training and empowerment intensive. Recently she’s joined forces with Laura Antoniou in Passionate Bonds , a weekend intensive on creating effective and meaningful D/s M/s protocol and etiquette.
She won SF Weekly’s Best Sex Educator for 2013. Midori creates provocative and haunting art installations and performances, seen in venues as far flung as Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (San Francisco) and Tanzquartier Wien (Vienna) She’s been long active in HIV fundraising through AIDS LifeCycle – FInd her at URL: www.FHP-inc.com
& her AIDS/LifeCycle Fundraising is at: http://www.tofighthiv.org/goto/midori
– Howie Gordon (aka Richard Pacheco) is an American former pornographic film and video actor, writer and director who retired from X-rated filmmaking in the late-1980s. He appeared in more than 100 X-rated films and videos and has won multiple Adult film awards for Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, & Best Director. He was voted Playgirl Magazine’s Man-of-the-Year for 1979. He is best known for Anthony Spinelli’s Talk Dirty to Me (1980), in which he co-starred as “Richard Pacheco”. He has extensively written and spoken about pornography, including columns, articles, reviews, & college engagements speaking about male sexuality and his career in the adult industry. His recently completed biography “HINDSIGHT: True Love and Mischief in the Golden Age of Porn,” was published in October of 2013 and is now climbing the best – selling charts. Hindsight is currently available through Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com, and Bear Manor Media.
– Jennifer Blowdryer started screaming in a punk band called the Blowdryers in 1979, San Francisco. That’s where she got her dumb name from, which she prefers to Jennifer Waters, her slave name. After all, anybody can just get born, but keeping a band together and staying raw is an accomplishment. Her first book, Modern English, was a photo illustrated dictionary with chapters on Lounge Lizards, Cholos, and Drugs. In NYC, she started running Smut Fests in a lap dancing parlor in 1988, mixing sex workers with street performers. Her ‘works’ include the play White Trash Debutante, Good Advice for Young Trendy People of all Ages, Blowsy & more.
– Lark is a multi-instrumentalist rock star. Also known as “that girl with the toy piano” and “this crazy chick who plays drums backwards,” Lark has been stunning audiences throughout the bay with her special blend of unique arrangements and deadly songwriting. She also doubles as half of the dream pop duo, Snow Angel, and the lead singer for local prog-rockers, Antioquia. Check her out at larksongs.com